Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange, Gate.io – a veteran blockchain assets exchange platform, established in 2013 – has stated that the Gate.io POINT sale and GT reward distribution for the second day has been completed successfully with over USD 440 million worth of orders placed during the sale.
The planned two weeks sale sold out in two days.
In the top 50 at Coinmarketcap for adjusted volume rankings, Gatechain is a public blockchain that will be supported by the GT token.
The team writes:
“Our news has drawn much attention, with more people getting to know our principles, achievements, and vision of the blockchain industry. We are beyond excited to share that after the release of the announcement, the amount of our web visits has tripled, the number of daily new registered accounts has increased by 10 times, and the spot trading and contract trading volume has soared to 400 million USD.”
Gate.io will distribute 300 million Gatechain Tokens to its users over the next year. Gate.io will provide technical and financial support for GT to the main online trading platform as a mainnet asset. With future projects, Gate.io will support these to release project Tokens on the Gatechain mainnet.
GT distribution started with a 2-week sales period on April 8th, with GT being distributed for each Gate Point (which are pre-paid trading fees) purchased. Each day during these 2 weeks, users will be able to apply purchase Gate Points during a 2-hour period (UTC 4:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M.). GT and GP are then awarded on a fair basis to all of those who applied.
It’s apparently already sold out.
Commenting on the GT distribution, Marie Tatibouet, Chief Marketing Officer at Gate.io said yesterday:
“In just one day, we’ve had over $388 million worth of orders placed. Due to the distribution limit, we were not able to fulfill all the demand – we encourage users to come back to the platform and try again.”
Users in the United States, Canada, Japan and other restricted countries (unnamed?) were not able to participate in the purchase.
Two months ago, Gate.io was hacked and 54,200 ETC ( USD$329,536 today) was stolen.
Gate.io New Features:
Spot Trading on Gate.io (200+ tokens):https://www.gate.io/trade/BTC_USDT
Margin Trading on Gate.io (Long or Short):https://www.gate.io/margin_trade/BTC_USDT
Perpetual Contract Trading:https://www.gate.io/futures_trade/BTC_USD
Lending on Gate.io (secure and stable, high annual return):https://www.gate.io/margin/lend/USDT
C2C Trading on Gate.io:https://www.gate.io/c2c/usdt_cny
Download Gate.io APP:https://www.gate.io/mobileapp
Download Wallet.io (ALL in ONE):https://www.wallet.io/
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering – April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act – April 10, 2019
- Facebook Allegedly Seeking USD$1 Billion VC for Cryptocurrency Project – April 9, 2019
- China to Ban Bitcoin Mining? – April 9, 2019
- Over $440M Orders Purchased – Gate.io Announces Gatechain Token (GT) Point Sale and GT Reward Distribution Results – April 9, 2019
- Bgogo Apollo Plans to Sell Algorand IOUs in an IEO, Without Permission – April 9, 2019
- Financial Stability Board Publishes Directory of Cryptoasset Regulators Across the World – April 8, 2019
- World-Class Cryptographers Team up to Build Agnostic Blockchain DCRM – April 8, 2019
- $50 Million Okta Ventures to Fund Modern Identity Solutions – April 8, 2019
- Vancouver’s Vanbex ICO Marketing Company has been Served – Property, Bank Accounts, Lambos and Land Rovers Seized – April 8, 2019
- SEC Releases Framework for “Investment Contract” Analysis of Digital Assets – April 5, 2019
- Minersinc Brings To India The Best Of World Cinema, Curates 200+ Critically Acclaimed Titles For Cinema Enthusiasts – April 3, 2019
- Berlin-based Brickblock Tokenizes Property in Europe in Private STO – April 2, 2019
- ARTEÏA launches Token Sale for P2P Art Market Blockchain Platform – April 2, 2019
- Russia’s Largest Social Media Network VK Eyeing Crypto – March 31, 2019
- Swiss Regulators say $90 million Envion ICO was Illegal – Liquidate and Return – March 31, 2019
- Euro Stablecoin to be Launched by Universal Protocol Alliance – March 31, 2019
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo – March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption – March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators – March 21, 2019