NASDAQ-listed company Okta, a provider of identity for the enterprise has put together a $50 million investment fund called Okta Ventures. Okta Ventures plans to invest heavily in early-stage solutions for identity, security, and privacy including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain.
“In line with Okta’s vision of enabling any organization to use any technology, Okta Ventures will invest in the growing ecosystem of startups tackling issues like identity, security, and privacy,” said Frederic Kerrest, Chief Operating Officer and co-founder of Okta. “Beyond investing in industry-wide innovation, we also recognize how valuable these advancements can be for our customers, who are often looking for solutions to some of the hard problems these companies are solving. We expect the partnerships with our portfolio companies to extend our platform, and we’re committed to providing significant value to these early stage startups. Trusted Key is a perfect example of a young company working on a big idea, and we look forward to collaborating to shape the future of identity.”
In addition to announcing the creation of the fund, Okta is also announcing its first investment in Trusted Key, a blockchain-based digital identity company.
“Decentralized identity marks a profound change for the identity industry and we believe we are in the early stages of this change,” said Amit Jasuja, Chief Executive Officer of Trusted Key. “Joining the Okta Ventures portfolio gives us a chance to access more than just funds to build our business, as Okta’s experience and depth of knowledge in the identity space will be invaluable as we move forward.”
The fund will seek out startups that are aligned with Okta’s vision of enabling any organization to use any technology. Along with monetary investments, Okta Ventures plans to provide a number of unique advantages for portfolio companies, including the use of Okta software, access to expertise, SDK and API design partnerships, and co-marketing opportunities. Beyond the potential for financial returns, Okta Ventures will emphasize modern identity architecture design and adoption with its portfolio companies, as well as contributions to the Okta ecosystem, which Okta expects to increase the value of the Okta Integration Network.
Founded in 2016 by former executives from Microsoft, Oracle, and Symantec, Trusted Key has built a decentralized digital identity solution to enable organizations that work together as ecosystems to share strongly proofed user identities with user consent. Combining innovative mobile and blockchain technologies into a secure platform, Trusted Key’s enterprise-friendly approach is resonating with customers in healthcare, finance, and retail ecosystems. Trusted Key’s technology offers customers a blend of security and customizable experiences to meet modern identity challenges, much like Okta.
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering – April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act – April 10, 2019
- Facebook Allegedly Seeking USD$1 Billion VC for Cryptocurrency Project – April 9, 2019
- China to Ban Bitcoin Mining? – April 9, 2019
- Over $440M Orders Purchased – Gate.io Announces Gatechain Token (GT) Point Sale and GT Reward Distribution Results – April 9, 2019
- Bgogo Apollo Plans to Sell Algorand IOUs in an IEO, Without Permission – April 9, 2019
- Financial Stability Board Publishes Directory of Cryptoasset Regulators Across the World – April 8, 2019
- World-Class Cryptographers Team up to Build Agnostic Blockchain DCRM – April 8, 2019
- $50 Million Okta Ventures to Fund Modern Identity Solutions – April 8, 2019
- Vancouver’s Vanbex ICO Marketing Company has been Served – Property, Bank Accounts, Lambos and Land Rovers Seized – April 8, 2019
- SEC Releases Framework for “Investment Contract” Analysis of Digital Assets – April 5, 2019
- Minersinc Brings To India The Best Of World Cinema, Curates 200+ Critically Acclaimed Titles For Cinema Enthusiasts – April 3, 2019
- Berlin-based Brickblock Tokenizes Property in Europe in Private STO – April 2, 2019
- ARTEÏA launches Token Sale for P2P Art Market Blockchain Platform – April 2, 2019
- Russia’s Largest Social Media Network VK Eyeing Crypto – March 31, 2019
- Swiss Regulators say $90 million Envion ICO was Illegal – Liquidate and Return – March 31, 2019
- Euro Stablecoin to be Launched by Universal Protocol Alliance – March 31, 2019
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo – March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption – March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators – March 21, 2019