1. MDMA treatment for alcoholism reduces relapse safely with no serious side effects, suggests the first study looking into the use of MDMA to treat alcohol addiction, with preliminary results showing that the treatment is safe, and early results showing encouraging outcomes from the approach.
2. Bacteria hidden deep in marsh mud can manufacture dimethyl sulfide, a molecule sometimes called an “anti-greenhouse gas.” Since DMS rapidly becomes an aerosol in the atmosphere and forms UV-blocking clouds, it could be a powerful tool in the fight against climate change.
3. Having a fatty meal with a CBD-infused product may boost the body’s absorption of cannabidiol, suggests a new study, which found that, compared with fasting, the amount of CBD in the body was four times higher after a high-fat meal, and the maximum amount in the blood was 14 times higher.
5. Schoolchildren invented condoms that change color in the case of sexually transmitted diseases in a partner. Three 13 and 14-year-old British teenagers were awarded the main TeenTech Awards for achievements in science, technology and mathematics, the UN press service said.
7. A study published Monday suggests that fluoride consumed by pregnant women can decrease the IQ of their children